uima-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Sznajder <benj...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Cas Multiplier with Flow Controller
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:36:31 GMT
Hi Sophie.,

I will prepare soonly a sample code and send you.

Regards,
Benjamin

et bonjour a Strasbourg.

             candel
             <candel@titus.u-s
             trasbg.fr>                                                 To
                                       uima-user@incubator.apache.org
             29/08/2007 12:29                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Cas Multiplier with Flow
             uima-user@incubat         Controller
               or.apache.org

Adam Lally wrote:

> On 7/3/07, Benjamin Sznajder <benjams@il.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to run a CAS Multiplier with a Flow Controller.
>>
>> My CPE is composed of :
>>
>>  - a Collection reader that reads an image and saves in a CAS a byte
>> array
>> of its content.
>>  - a CAS Multiplier that currently, only creates 3 identical CASes with
>> same content than the initial
>>  - Some  AEs that extract the MPEG7 features of this images
>>  - A CAS consumer that creates the XML File representing the MPEG7.
>>
>> The Flow Controller I used is the WhiteBoardFlowController from the
>> example.
>> I added to this class the following:
>>

>> protected Flow newCasProduced(CAS newCas,
>>           String producedBy) {
>>         getContext().getLogger().log(Level.SEVERE, "newCasProduced");
>>           WhiteboardFlow flow = new WhiteboardFlow();
>>           flow.setCas(newCas);
>>           return flow;
>>   }
>>

> The newCasProduced method needs to be added to the WhiteboardFlow
> class, not that WhiteboardFlowController class.  Otherwise it looks
> like what you are doing is right.
>
> The idea behind this is that the Flow of the new CAS might be related
> to the Flow of its "parent" CAS (the one that was input to the CAS
> Multiplier).
>
> You are right though that the documentation on this could be better.
>
> -Adam

Is this subject closed?
did you find a way to run your CasMultiplier within your FlowController?
I have exactly the same goal and I can't find a way to make it working.
I would be very grateful if you could publish your solution if you had one.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Sophie