uima-user mailing list archives

From "Pascal Coupet" <pascal.cou...@temis.com>
Subject RE: UIMA Apache is a real pain
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:53:31 GMT
Hi Marshall,

We did interpret wrongly an error message during our initial migration
test. Everything is fine with CAS initializers. Sorry for the false
alarm.
I'm glad we had this discussion before we do the development!

Thanks for your support,

Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall Schor [mailto:msa@schor.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:28 PM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: UIMA Apache is a real pain

Hi Pascal -

When you say the CAS Initializers "disappeared" - what is it that you're
looking for that's no longer there,
specifically?  I don't think we intentionally removed this in the
implementation.

Another thing we're contemplating is "requiring" the Java 5 level (or
later) in future UIMA releases.  Would that be
costly for your projects?

-Marshall

Pascal Coupet wrote:
> We are also in the process to move our product to the UIMA version. We
> got a working version within hours without special problem and it's a
> big product using the whole framework.
>
> I think that there is still some support on the IBM version since
> OmniFind is using it but using the UIMA version is a good move. The
> design is cleaner and it's better to be on the mainstream for support,
> features and interoperability.
>
> The costliest part for us is to convert all our sources using CAS
> Initializers since it was deprecated in version 2 and disappeared in
> version 2.2 . I'm wondering if there is a way to build a version 2.2
> with XCAS Initializer support?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pascal
>
> Pascal Coupet