uima-user mailing list archives

From "Pascal Coupet" <pascal.cou...@temis.com>
Subject RE: UIMA Apache is a real pain
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:00:14 GMT

Bonjour Christian,

Well, my note was just to provide an additional feedback to Andrews'one. The level of difficulties
for the migration is certainly different project by project and I think that it's interesting
to get different testimonies for users pondering on migrating and for the development team.

We were initially very reluctant to move and we gave it a try to identify issues. It went
well and we decided to do the migration for our next version. It means that the migration
tool and the process description fit well our project, no more (unfortunatly :-)). We don't
do advanced things with Eclipse like you.
I totally agree with you that stability is a key requirement, booth for development continuity
and interoperability. That's why we waited a long time after version 2 before looking at it.
The jump to the Apache version was the opportunity to do needed changes. We hope now that
future versions will be very compatible so we decided to migrate.

Best,

Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Mauceri [mailto:mauceri@hermeneute.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:10 PM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: UIMA Apache is a real pain

Salut Pascal,

I know how smart you are and no doubt you did that in a snap but think
there are other guys like me how firstly are not as clever as you are
and secondly are not primarly  interested in coding programs but in
analyzing texts (the real thing in this topic).
Bonjour à tous.

--
Cordialement/Regards
Christian Mauceri