uima-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Shirk <sh...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject read/write resource sharing
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:05:45 GMT
What is the best practice for sharing read/write resources amongst
analysis engines in an aggregate? For example, say you have an
annotator early in a flow that reads a configuration file off disk in
order determine its behavior. Then, the next annotator does
something, and needs to write changes to the configuration file so
that another annotator downstream, whose behavior is also determined
by the contents of the configuration file, can read in the resource
that contains the changes.

Does this make sense?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I can think of some ugly
hacks, but it would be nice to know if I'm missing some portion of
the API that supports this type of scenario.

Thanks, Andrew