uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Apache is a real pain
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:48:29 GMT
Hi -

Sorry to hear you're having such a frustrating time!

It's a little hard to figure out what might be helpful here without some
further details.  I don't think anything changed in the implementation
that would alter the behavior you describe regarding CPEs.   Can you
describe what's going wrong?

We're continually trying to balance going forward with keeping backwards
compatibility.  When moving to Apache UIMA, there was a need to change
the package names (to org.apache.uima...) - that was the biggest change
that required users to change their code and recompile.  We included a
utility that attempted to update the source for these changes - were you
able to make use of it?

-Marshall