uima-user mailing list archives

From candel <can...@titus.u-strasbg.fr>
Subject Re: conditional FlowController
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 06:47:36 GMT
Adam Lally wrote:

>On 8/14/07, candel <candel@titus.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>thanks to your help, I wrote my Conditional FlowController.
>>The thing is that I couldn't find an other way than hard-coding the
>>eaKeys in it.
>>Indeed, nothing can distinguish the annotators AE2 or AE3 except for
>>their internal analysis method.
>>In fact, the analysis method used is only a strategic choice that
>>depends on the results of the first AE.
>>AE2 and AE3 have the same inputs and outputs requirements, ...
>>
>>After these explanations, do you still think their is another way to do it?
>>

>OK, that' s probably fine then.  You could also use the Name of the AE
>(AnalysisEngineMetaData.getName()), but it's not clear to me that
>there's any advantage in doing that instead of just using the AE key.
>
>-Adam

Thank you for your help.
An other interest in using AEKeys is that it will allow us to write
reusable FlowController. Then we will just have to change the delegateAE
import name in the FlowController Descriptor.
In fact we think joining preexisting components to do a new pipeline is
in the UIMA mind.
ie: a Collection Reader + a FlowController + x AEs +...

Regards,

Sophie