uima-user mailing list archives

From Philip Ogren <phi...@ogren.info>
Subject typeSystemInit() method in CasAnnotator_ImplBase but not JCasAnnotator_ImplBase
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:50:16 GMT

Thilo had pointed me towards the method typeSystemInit() in a recent
posting as a way of getting type system information in an annotator.  Is
there a reason that this method exists in CasAnnotator_ImplBase but not
JCasAnnotator_ImplBase?  Or is this an omission?  My intuition is that
might have been left out on purpose because when using the JCas you
typically would have a fixed type system that is determined at compile
time. Still, it seems useful to be able to override typeSystemInit()
even if it is only called once.  I didn't really think carefully about
which Annotator_ImplBase I should use.  Are there far reaching
consequences I should consider - or is it really just about convenience
at the API level?

Thanks,
Philip