uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Descriptor Editor Component
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:23:34 GMT
Christian Mauceri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently in the UIMA AlphaWorks forum Marshall Schor saved my life
> explaining me how to use the buddy class loading in the Eclipse
> Manifest file of a plugin to make UIMAFramework recognizes my classes.
> It works fine and my class are recognized. However I still cannot
> completly use the Descriptor Editor Component in my application,
> indeed when I push the browse button in the Overview Tab to get the
> list of available Analysis Engine Java classes I get the following
> error message:
> Unexpected exception while getting type information for type
> 'com.ibm.uima.analysis_component.AnalysisComponent'. FSATest does not
> exist.
> (FSATest is the Eclipse workplace project I put my xml descriptor in)
> Any suggestion?

More thinking...  When you click the "browse" button it does the following:

It first goes to the Eclipse project containing the XML descriptor.

It then assumes (perhaps incorrectly) that this project is a "Java"
project, and that its classpath is set up to indicate all the classes
used in the project, including the UIMA framework classes.

Is this project a "Java" project, with its class path set up properly?

-Marshall