uima-user mailing list archives

From "James Montgomery" <ej.montgom...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA and semantic search
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 00:36:26 GMT
Thank you Thilo for your helpful and thorough comments on Lucene and UIMA
(thread "UIMA and Lucene"). They have helped confirm much of what I
suspected and clarified a number of points.

After further discussions with the engineering company they have indicated
that semantic search may be better suited to their needs (this is an R&D
project conducted between my university and the company, hence why we keep
changing out minds :-). With this in mind we are looking at the following
products. Any comments on their suitability for integration with UIMA to
produce a semantic search solution would be welcome, as would suggestions of
other semantic search tools.

- Sesame, for storing the CASes produced by our UIMA implementation
- Gnowsis, for searching the knowledge base in Sesame or some other RDF
database (although perhaps I'm showing my ignorance and it only works with
Sesame? :-)

Thanks,
James.