uima-user mailing list archives

From "James Montgomery" <ej.montgom...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA and Lucene
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:07:07 GMT
Hello all,

I'm working on a project with an engineering firm to develop a search tool
that can find relevant engineering documents and also provide information
about relationships between documents (for instance, they mention the same
part). We are currently leaning most strongly towards a combination of
Lucene for search and UIMA for document analysis. I see on the Incubator
Wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/UimaProposal) that better
integration or communication between these two products is being considered.
Here are some questions about this and UIMA:

- Would others recommend the use of Lucene to search analysis results
produced by UIMA components?
- What other search engines and search engine SDKs would others recommend,
perhaps as being better suited to integration with UIMA?
- Although UIMA has only just entered the Apache Incubator, how soon might
efforts be made to provide an interface between Lucene and UIMA?
   - Should this question be directed to the developer list?
- What sites would others recommend for open source UIMA analysis components
for different document formats?

Thanks,
James Montgomery.