uima-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA co-reference across different documents
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:07:18 GMT
Putting documents into different views in the same CAS would allow creating
a feature structure (FS) which ties together annotations from different
documents.

Note that while annotation FS can only be indexed in the view containing
the referenced Sofa, a non-annotation FS can be indexed in multiple views.
For example, a non-annotation entity FS could contain a list of references
to entity "instance" annotations from one or more documents, and this
entity FS could be indexed in every View containing one of its instances.

Eddie