uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release uima-build-helper-maven-plugin Version 7
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 20:13:21 GMT
Well, I think that a proper Maven source artifact is an important asset and the release should
include that. I think the release should be redone in such a way that the normal Maven source
artifact is included, but not the source-release.zip - without manual intervention.

Actually, there should also be a Javadoc artifact. Cf. the comment by Joel Orlina regarding
third-party uploads to Maven Central [1] which must have sources and javadocs. We should try
to stick to the best practices here and not exploit that Apache has a special "forge" status
allowing ASF projects to deploy directly to Maven Central.

-- Richard

[1] https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-5383

Am 29.08.2013 um 22:00 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:

> please opine re: if this is of enough importance to redo the release, and if
> not, vote +1 :-)
>
> -Marshall

>> yes, the oddness is due to me "cleaning up" what I thought was extra files in
>> the release, manually.
>>
>> I started by deleting the .asc.md5 etc. files, and then probably got
>> over-zealous and cleared the sources.jar and its .asc etc., because I figured no
>> one would want that, and if someone needed the source they could get it from the
>> source-release, if not from the svn etc.
>>
>> -Marshall
>>
>> On 8/29/2013 3:00 PM, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>>> Something is odd here. The staging area contains a "source-release.zip", but
no regular *-sources.jar artifact for the plugin which could be used to obtain the sources,
e.g. in Eclipse.

>>> Otherwise the plugin in general appears to work. Cleared local repo, upgraded
to version 7 in uimaFIT, built -> docbook outputs have the proper publishing data again.