uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject javadoc generating conventions
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:40:06 GMT
We have our multi-module builds set up so that

a) Javadocs are run just for the publicly-viewable apis
b) not run for individual sub-modules (e.g., not for uimaj-core).

Many releases ago, we did not even publish modules (other than maven plugins) to
maven-central - we just did binary convenience builds, and source releases,
published to the Apache Mirroring system.

Gradually, (as of uimaj release 2.3.1) we conformed more to the Maven normal
conventions, and we started making our individual projects available on maven
central, although without javadocs.

We could "turn on" javadoc creation for individual modules (probably only under
the -Papache-release profile, to make development builds go faster).  I think
these would (by default - need to investigate) be "full" javadocs.

Richard suggests we do this, I'm +0 on this (not convinced that the Javadocs are
of actual interest to anyone, and they take up space -- but I guess that's
old-fashioned thinking :-)).

Other opinions?

-Marshall