uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on the organization of the UIMA website
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 21:15:12 GMT
Hi,

uimaFIT and Ruta are both officially part of the UIMA sandbox - at least in SVN.

On the website, Ruta has been added on the left navigation menu on the same level as
Annotators, Tools & Servers, etc. It is also listed in the Sandbox section.

I have added uimaFIT to the left navigation menu as well now. Contrary to other
sandbox components, both uimaFIT and Ruta have rather large "project" pages.

Also, Ruta is listed as a separate download in the downloads section. I've added
uimaFIT there as well now.

I'm not sure where this is going, but it's probably something we should discuss.

Should uimaFIT and Ruta be removed from the navigation bar and just end up on the
sandbox page?

Actually, looking at the nav section, there's loads of developer
information, but the stuff users are interested in, e.g. components and tools
is comparatively underrepresented/small. The "Annotators" and "Addons & Sandbox"
links basically link to the same place, although being two different items in the
navigation. Similarly, some things are listed under "tools" and again under "addons".

Should there be something like "featured" sub-projects?

How are downloads for sandbox projects handled when they get their own release
cycle? As separate downloads on the downloads page (as now) or somehow different?

And of courseā€¦ is the uimaFIT page ok? (http://uima.apache.org/uimafit.html)

I'll hold off the release announcement mail until I get some feedback on these
questions.

Cheers,

-- Richard