uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need for special m2e setting in jcasgen-maven-plugin?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 20:40:14 GMT
Since recently, I use m2e 1.4.0.20130601-0317.

I assume this my warnings are not related to the m2e version
(all post 1.0 versions should exhibit that), but rather to
differences in version enforcement between the Sonatype OSS POM
and the UIMA parent pom.

Sonatype uses this plugin:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>enforce-maven</id>
      <goals>
        <goal>enforce</goal>
      </goals>
      <configuration>
        <rules>
          <requireMavenVersion>
            <version>(,2.1.0),(2.1.0,2.2.0),(2.2.0,)</version>
            <message>Maven 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 produce incorrect GPG signatures and checksums
respectively.</message>
          </requireMavenVersion>
        </rules>
      </configuration>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

while UIMA uses this element:

<prerequisites>
  <!-- 2.2.0 is broken when deploying - checksums invalid -->
  <!-- 2.2.1 doesn't work -->
  <maven>3.0</maven>
</prerequisites>

The jcasgen-maven-plugin was using the Sonatype POM before being
contributed to UIMA. I suppose the m2e settings for the enforcer
plugin have been there at contribution time and that I have not
removed them, since I know these warnings. It didn't even occur
to me that it may be unnecessary in the context of the UIMA build
setup.

Please remove the settings if you do not encounter any warnings.
The warning I see a lot in UIMA maven modules is "Version is
duplicate of parent pom". Nothing about the enforcer plugin though.

-- Richard