uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use the new binary CAS (de)serialization?
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 20:20:44 GMT
Hi Marshall,

I'd like to try out the new CAS (de)serialization stuff you did recently.

I try serialization with three approaches:

case 0: Serialization.serializeCAS(aJCas.getCas(), docOS); break;
case 4: Serialization.serializeWithCompression(aJCas.getCas(), docOS); break;
case 6: Serialization.serializeWithCompression(aJCas.getCas(), docOS, aJCas.getTypeSystem());
break;

Then I try to load the data back into a CAS (within a reader component) using

Serialization.deserializeCAS(aCAS, is);

For cases 0 and 4, this appears to work. But in case 6, the document text is <null>
after
deserializing.

Apparently, I'm doing something wrong - but I have no idea what. Can you give me a hint?

-- Richard