uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: need for special m2e setting in jcasgen-maven-plugin?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 20:58:07 GMT

> Since recently, I use m2e 1.4.0.20130601-0317.
>
> I assume this my warnings are not related to the m2e version
> (all post 1.0 versions should exhibit that), but rather to
> differences in version enforcement between the Sonatype OSS POM
> and the UIMA parent pom.
>
> Sonatype uses this plugin:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0</version>
>   <executions>
>     <execution>
>       <id>enforce-maven</id>
>       <goals>
>         <goal>enforce</goal>
>       </goals>
>       <configuration>
>         <rules>
>           <requireMavenVersion>
>             <version>(,2.1.0),(2.1.0,2.2.0),(2.2.0,)</version>
>             <message>Maven 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 produce incorrect GPG signatures and
checksums respectively.</message>
>           </requireMavenVersion>
>         </rules>
>       </configuration>
>     </execution>
>   </executions>
> </plugin>
>
> while UIMA uses this element:
>
> <prerequisites>
>   <!-- 2.2.0 is broken when deploying - checksums invalid -->
>   <!-- 2.2.1 doesn't work -->
>   <maven>3.0</maven>
> </prerequisites>
Actually, in addition to that, the recently released parent-pom (version 5) now
has this:

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.2</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>enforce-versions</id>
<goals>
<goal>enforce</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<rules>
<requireMavenVersion>
<version>3.0</version>
</requireMavenVersion>
<requireJavaVersion>
<version>1.5</version>
</requireJavaVersion>
</rules>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

added under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2086 (because the
<prereq...> element doesn't actually enforce anything, as you probably know)

So- the possible difference here is the "version" of the plugin - we're using
1.2, while this other pom is using 1.0.

> The jcasgen-maven-plugin was using the Sonatype POM before being
> contributed to UIMA. I suppose the m2e settings for the enforcer
> plugin have been there at contribution time and that I have not
> removed them, since I know these warnings. It didn't even occur
> to me that it may be unnecessary in the context of the UIMA build
> setup.
>
> Please remove the settings if you do not encounter any warnings.
> The warning I see a lot in UIMA maven modules is "Version is
> duplicate of parent pom". Nothing about the enforcer plugin though.

This warning (from m2e) can be turned off, in the Eclipse menu -> Windows ->
Preferences -> Maven -> Warnings page

-Marshall