uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject need for special m2e setting in jcasgen-maven-plugin?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:05:07 GMT
I'm cleaning up loose ends, in preparation for doing a uima-sdk release.

The current UIMA-wide parent-pom (v5) has an execution of the enforcer plugin to
check for a good level of Maven (3 or better) and Java (5 or better), so every
project is getting this by default as part of their build.  The UIMA-wide
parent-pom (v5) has no m2e lifecycleMappingMetadata specs for the enforcer
plugin, and it doesn't seem to be needed (no errors are reported in Eclipse).

The jcasgen-maven-plugin POM has a special m2e lifecycleMappingMetadata spec for
the enforcer plugin, which says to "ignore", but no local call on the enforcer
plugin.

I'd like to take out the m2e part of the jcasgen-maven-plugin POM, but wanted to
check to see if I'm missing something here; does anyone know why this m2e
lifecycleMappingMetadata spec was put into this POM in the first place?

-Marshall