uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject need for special m2e setting in jcasgen-maven-plugin?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:05:07 GMT
I'm cleaning up loose ends, in preparation for doing a uima-sdk release.

The current UIMA-wide parent-pom (v5) has an execution of the enforcer plugin to
check for a good level of Maven (3 or better) and Java (5 or better), so every
project is getting this by default as part of their build.  The UIMA-wide
parent-pom (v5) has no m2e lifecycleMappingMetadata specs for the enforcer
plugin, and it doesn't seem to be needed (no errors are reported in Eclipse).

The jcasgen-maven-plugin POM has a special m2e lifecycleMappingMetadata spec for
the enforcer plugin, which says to "ignore", but no local call on the enforcer

I'd like to take out the m2e part of the jcasgen-maven-plugin POM, but wanted to
check to see if I'm missing something here; does anyone know why this m2e
lifecycleMappingMetadata spec was put into this POM in the first place?

View raw message