uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Removing unnecessary versions in Jira
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 16:02:52 GMT

> Hi,
>
> we have several unreleased versions "spamming" Jira:
>
> 2.3.2 Solrcas -> shouldn't these issue be in 2.4.0Addons?
This is a bigger question.  There are two possibilities for doing Addons - one
is to release them all at some point, at some common level, or to release them
individually (sort of like Maven does for their plugins, each having their own
independent developement / release schedule and versioning.  I believe that
Tommaso was planning to do an incremental update release of the Solrcas addon,
individually, and chose 2.3.2 as the release target.  So I would leave that alone.

> 2.4.0C -> has been released 15-Nov-2012
+1 for marking that released.  Note that doing that action may raise some issues
- Jira checks that there are no issues remaining "open".  If there are, those
need to be investigated, and either updated to closed or resolved (if they went
out in the release), or have their "fixed in version..." updated.

> 2.3.1 -> merge issues into 2.3.1SDK?
hmmm,  I guess these issues would need to be investigated, one by one?  If all
of them get classified into some other version, and the "2.3.1" ends up being
empty, then I think it's OK to remove it.

> 2.3CE -> the CAS Editor is part of 2.4.0SDK, so this can probably be marked as "released"?

I think these issues need to be investigated, one by one, and perhaps assigned
to their proper versions.  Then, if 2.3CE ends up "empty", it can be removed I
think.

> 2.2C -> 2.4.0C has been released meanwhile, so this can probably be marked as "released"?
Looking in archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/uima/source - I don't see that uima
CPP 2.2 was released.  There was a 2.2.2 that was released, though.

> Any objects to marking these as released and/or merge them into other versions?
Some of these earlier versions have not been released. I think Jira versions
should be marked released only if they match an actual release.
I think the issues associated with these questionable versions need to be
examined 1 by 1 to see what their "state" is, and perhaps updated to indicate
the correct version.

-Marshall