uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <richard.eck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing unnecessary versions in Jira
Date Sat, 11 May 2013 16:59:02 GMT
Am 11.05.2013 um 18:02 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:

> On 5/10/2013 5:21 PM, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>> Hi,

>> 2.3.1 -> merge issues into 2.3.1SDK?
> hmmm,  I guess these issues would need to be investigated, one by one?  If all
> of them get classified into some other version, and the "2.3.1" ends up being
> empty, then I think it's OK to remove it.

The issues in 2.3.1 are all closed, except one that is resolved [1].

Three of the issues are "build, packaging and test" and seem to be long to 2.3.1SDK (released)

The other issues are "addons" or "Sandbox" issues, that appear to belong into 2.3.1Addons
(released)

>> 2.3CE -> the CAS Editor is part of 2.4.0SDK, so this can probably be marked as
"released"?
> I think these issues need to be investigated, one by one, and perhaps assigned
> to their proper versions.  Then, if 2.3CE ends up "empty", it can be removed I
> think.

The issues in 2.3CE are all closed.

2008-08-12 - The last separate CasEditor-2.2.2 release seems to have been this day (UIMA-1141).

2009-05-28 - the CAS Editor stuff has been integrated into uimaj (UIMA-1360)

2010-01-26 - release UIMA 2.3.0 (includes CAS editor)

The highest issue number in the 2.3CE version is UIMA-1351 (before the move to uimaj). It
appears that these issues should be relabeled "2.3.0SDK". Unfortunately, there is no such
version, the next one in Jira would be "2.3.1SDK". How do you suggest to proceed?

>> 2.2C -> 2.4.0C has been released meanwhile, so this can probably be marked as
"released"?
> Looking in archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/uima/source - I don't see that uima
> CPP 2.2 was released.  There was a 2.2.2 that was released, though.

The issues in 2.2C are all closed. I doubt there will ever be another 2.2C release, since
we have releases with higher versions already. It doesn't make sense to keep this issue around
unreleased. The easiest thing would be to mark the release as "released". Moving the issues
to another release, e.g. 2.2.2C would mean reopening, reassigning, resolving and closing each
of them. Unfortunately, the Apache Jira is not configured to allow the editing of closed issues.

-- Richard

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.3.1%22%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC