uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Bringing in a class from a different project
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:55:21 GMT
IANAL, but I think this is similar to other scenarios that involve adding
resources to things we distribute.  It all depends on the license of the 3rd
party code. If the code is licensed under the ASL (current version), then you
can add it.  If it has mandatory "notices" that must accompany it, then these
would need to be added to the NOTICES file for any distribution which contains it.

In general, software grants are for "substantial" amounts of code or where
there's some questions as to the code's legal issues.  It sounds to me that you
wrote this code, is that correct?

-Marshall

> Hi,
>
> this is basically a legal question, but I'll try it here first.
>
> I have a small class called ClosureResourceProvider in a project of mine called DKPro
Core, which I work on here in Darmstadt - it is already licensed under the ASL. [1]