uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Problem with property substitution into finalName
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:02:23 GMT
We have a POM, where the <build> specifies a final name like this:

<finalName>org.apache.uima.textmarker.engine_${parsedVersion.osgiVersion}</finalName>

We use the maven-build-helper plugin to set the variable to be the same as the
version, except with a period before the SNAPSHOT qualifier, for example.

This works fine for plugins like the maven-jar-plugin - it nicely creates jars
using the substituted value, e.g.  org.apache.uima.textmarker.engine_2.0.0.jar

However, the maven-gpg-plugin, when copying the project's "pom.xml" file to the
target/ to sign it, copies it to a file named like this:

    File pomToSign = new File( project.getBuild().getDirectory(),
project.getBuild().getFinalName() + ".pom" );
    FileUtils.copyFile( project.getFile(), pomToSign )

The code fragment: project.getBuild().getFinalName() must be getting the
un-substituted/original version of the the finalName property, because we see
the pom is copied into the target/ as
    org.apache.uima.textmarker.engine_${parsedVersion.osgiVersion}.pom

We know the property is being properly defined, etc., because earlier steps
(like the maven-jar-plugin) use this and have the correct string (with the
substituted value).

How can we fix this?

-Marshall Schor