uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC4 AND Composite Repository
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 20:43:11 GMT
Am 07.02.2013 17:18, schrieb Marshall Schor:
> Something happened with the source-release.zip build.
>
> The source-release.zip now contains files not in SVN that are "generated files"
> by the build.
>
> The mvn release:perform is supposed to check out the tag (which would not have
> the generated files), and run the assembly to produce the source zip before
> running other steps that would produce the generated files.
>
> In the previous rc-3 this worked OK.  So something went wrong here.
>
> Some examples of generated files in the source-release.zip not in the SVN tag:
>
> textmarker-eclipse-feature: /feature.xml
>
> textmarker-ep-engine: /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF  (this file has only the Apache
> license header plus an empty <plugin> </plugin> element.
>
> textmarker-ep-ide: /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Sorry, I missed that when I checked the RC.

My first guess (with my limited maven knowledge) was that it is caused
by the changed order of the reactor build as you mentioned it in your email:

rc-3:
[INFO] Reactor Build Order:
[INFO]
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker: textmarker
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker: textmarker-core
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-engine
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-ide
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-caseditor
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-addons
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-textruler
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Documentation
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-eclipse-feature

rc-4:
[INFO] Reactor Build Order:
[INFO]
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker: textmarker-parent
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker: textmarker-core
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-engine
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-ide
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-caseditor
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-addons
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-ep-textruler
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Documentation
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker Eclipse: textmarker-eclipse-feature
[INFO] Apache UIMA TextMarker: textmarker

rc-3 created the source-release before the modules are built, but rc-4
does that as the last step. This maybe explains why these files are
located in the archive.

Then, I took a look at how uimaj does it. A study of the poms resulted
in no ideas what went wrong. My next step was to build uimaj and take a
look at the console. I used uimaj-2.4.0, because rat complains about the
trunk (11 files). The order is quite similar, so my next guess was that
the reactor order is probably not the reason. Then, I actually checked
uimaj-2.4.0-source-release.zip and found that there the same problem
occurs, e.g., uimaj-ep-cas-editor contains a MANIFEST.MF.

So, what now?

I suppose that the reactor order is determined by the dependencies and
the parent relationship and cannot be influenced?

Peter