uima-dev mailing list archives

From Drenski <milen_dren...@yahoo.com>
Subject Collection processing
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:10:23 GMT
Hi,
I am new to UIMA and i have been struggling for some time
with the following problem.
I have some documents, which i need to process simultaneously.
So I implemented a collection reader, which reads all the files
from a directory and annotates them as Documents. But how can
i put these all files in an Array for example so that I can
iterate them and make my further processing. Basically I
just want to fetch the files from the directory and put
them in an array so that i can process them.
Is CAS consumer what I need? I saw in the doc that
it is now deprecated. Or should I use some index like Lucene?
But I guess this will be too complex for my simple task?
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Regards,
Drenski