uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release build tools RC3, uimaj sdk RC4, and eclipse update site 1
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:31:35 GMT

On 11/15/2010 8:26 AM, Thilo Götz wrote:
> On 11/15/2010 13:43, Marshall Schor wrote:
>> This is the release vote for uimaj sdk.  It includes the release of the build
>> tooling, and also the Eclipse update site.
>>
>> This is the first release as a TLP; the issues fixed include removing the
>> incubator - related disclaimers, etc.
>>
>> The list of issues fixed is here:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315344&styleName=Text&projectId=12310570&Create=Create
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315344&styleName=Text&projectId=12310570&Create=Create>
>>
>> and
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315481&styleName=Text&projectId=12310570&Create=Create
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315481&styleName=Text&projectId=12310570&Create=Create>
>>
>> The artifacts being released (except the eclipse-update-site) are in the Apache
>> Nexus staging repository, here:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-050/.
>>
>> The eclipse-update-site is here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.1-RC1/eclipse-update-site
>> <http://people.apache.org/%7Eschor/uima-release-candidates/2.3.1-RC1/eclipse-update-site/>
>>
>> The SVN tags for the things being released is:
>>
>> Build Tools: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/tags/parent-pom-1
>> UIMA-sdk:   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-distr-2.3.1-rc4
> So how do I know these two go together?  How can I know a
> couple of years from now that when I extract the 2.3.1
> tag, I need to get the parent-pom-1 build tools to go with
> it?

Here's how:

First of all, a few years from now, I think you won't have to do anything special.
When you extract the 2.3.1 tag, it should just build.  Here's the details.

The 2.3.1 tag has poms which, in turn, specify the version 1 of the parent-pom.

That parent pom, assuming we pass the release, will be forever in Maven central.
In particular the version 1 of that will be forever there.

So, the indication of what the parent pom is needed, is indicated directly in
the 2.3.1 poms.

Is that sufficient, or have I overlooked something?

Thanks. -Marshall