uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: error when trying to display javadoc in eclipse
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:56:52 GMT
Tobias Wunner wrote:
> Hello,
> I downloaded the UIMA Java Framework and SDK on
> http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads.cgi#Latest%20Official%20Releasesincluding
> the javadoc directory "apache-uima/docs/api". In the project
> settings I set to this javadoc directory (Project -> Preferences -> Javadoc
> Location). When trying to hit the F3 Button (Open Declarations), when having
> a UIMA file open the following error message appears in the bottom status
> line
>
>   "Current text selection cannot be opened in an editor"
>
> Beeing in the "Javadoc Location" preferences and hitting the
> "Validate"-Button my browser windows open with the most upper level of the
> UIMA javadocs.
>
> For any help I would be gladful.
>
> Toby

Hi,

for F3 to work, you need to attach the source code, not the
javadoc.  (I assume we're talking about Eclipse here.)
Download the source distribution and unpack it.  The top
level directory contains a script called addSourceToJars.
Set your UIMA_HOME variable to your binary UIMA installation,
than run that script.  It will add the source code to your
UIMA jar files.

--Thilo