uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Donate TIkaAnnotator to Sandbox
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 06:02:10 GMT
Jörn Kottmann wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Julien Nioche wrote:
>
>> Hi Jorn,
>>
>> The MarkupAnnotator could be useful for many UIMA users, including me.
>> Maybe
>>> it would be nice if its possible to configure the types used for markup.
>>

>> that's a general issue with UIMA and most AEs rely on a preexisting
>> typeset.
>> The solution would be to have a generic resource for mapping between
>> files
>> (e.g. feature named X in type T is the same as feature Y in type U) or
>> rule
>> based system allowing you to do manipulate annotations (like JAPE in
>> GATE).
>
> No, I was talking about a type mapping which could be configured in the
> descriptor
> for example.
>
> Is there anything which must be discussed before Julien can
> start the vote ?

I haven't had time to look at the code myself, but you and Thomas have,
and I have seen other contributions of Julien, so that's good enough
for me.  We've been talking about a Tika annotator for a while, so
let's go for it.  Please do start a formal vote.

Julien, since you are contributing more, it would be good if you could
send in an ICLA (individual contributor licensing agreement).  It's a
relatively painless form that you need to send to the ASF secretary
which helps us to keep our IP story clean.  See the UIMA web site
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/get-involved.html
and the ASF page here:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

--Thilo