uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Donate TIkaAnnotator to Sandbox
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 06:02:10 GMT
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2008, at 3:28 PM, Julien Nioche wrote:
>> Hi Jorn,
>> The MarkupAnnotator could be useful for many UIMA users, including me.
>> Maybe
>>> it would be nice if its possible to configure the types used for markup.
>> that's a general issue with UIMA and most AEs rely on a preexisting
>> typeset.
>> The solution would be to have a generic resource for mapping between
>> files
>> (e.g. feature named X in type T is the same as feature Y in type U) or
>> rule
>> based system allowing you to do manipulate annotations (like JAPE in
>> GATE).
> No, I was talking about a type mapping which could be configured in the
> descriptor
> for example.
> Is there anything which must be discussed before Julien can
> start the vote ?

I haven't had time to look at the code myself, but you and Thomas have,
and I have seen other contributions of Julien, so that's good enough
for me.  We've been talking about a Tika annotator for a while, so
let's go for it.  Please do start a formal vote.

Julien, since you are contributing more, it would be good if you could
send in an ICLA (individual contributor licensing agreement).  It's a
relatively painless form that you need to send to the ASF secretary
which helps us to keep our IP story clean.  See the UIMA web site
and the ASF page here:

> Jörn

View raw message