uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept the Configurable Feature Extractor (CFE) into the sandbox
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:33:10 GMT
Michael Tanenblatt wrote:
> Igor Sominsky is on vacation now, so he cannot respond, but I think it
> is safe to say that he will continue to support this for the foreseeable
> future. It is something that he and I use often, and he has been
> continuing to enhance and support it.
>
> On Sep 29, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Thilo Goetz wrote:
>
>> Who will maintain this code once it's in the sandbox?

Igor, are you back?  Care to comment?  I'd like to see
some assurance that this is not just a code drop before
I vote.

I'm also confused about the evaluation part of CFE.  I
can see that it's useful to have this sort of evaluation,
but should it really be part of a feature extraction
package?  It seems a pretty independent sort of
functionality.  Or maybe I just didn't understand it.

You write in your user's guide that CFE depends on both
XmlBeans and EMF.  Are you using EMF for anything but
XML processing?  Do you think EMF could be eliminated
and completely replaced by XmlBeans?  To be clear, this
is not necessary, I'm just curious.

--Thilo