uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Danai Wiriyayanyongsuk" <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues with PEAR files
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:57:44 GMT
Hi UIMA folks,

If I could vote, I'd like to vote for fixing it to allow the overriding of
the configuration parameters (via AE or any better ways). The project I'm
working on requires that the parameters shall be configurable at runtime (
i.e. via AE) and each annotator's class loader should be isolated
(therefore, PEAR is needed as there is no alternative I guess). I couldn't
imagine the situation where all PEAR related files need to be duplicated
(and cleaned up) on disk for each set of the configuration parameters to
accommodate the configuration changes at runtime.

I appreciate your consideration and thoughts.

Best,
Danai Wiriyayanyongsuk