uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.0 branch with hotfix
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:05:27 GMT
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Marshall, I see that you changed the POM file of uimaj-ep-configurator
> so that the resulting artifact has a new name.  Are we going to leave
> it like this?  What should happen when we build another hotfix, say in
> another component: do we change the name again, or do we leave it like
> that?  I don't really have an opinion at this point, just asking.
>
> --Thilo

Just to be clear, I only built and packaged for release the one
"project" - not the whole build.  If another hot-fix is needed in
another component, we could perhaps build / release just that
component.  So the fact that the ep-config project has a pom with
hotfix-1 as part of the name would not be relevant.

I think the feeling in the incubator is that each release should be as
clear as possible from these naming conventions as to what's in it, and
in particular, not to put out something under the same name which is
different.

So as long as the base names for this level is 2.1.0, I think the
preference would be to keep the hot-fix-1 name.

Hopefully we won't have any additional work on this level, in any case,
unless another hot fix comes along....

-M