uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Hotfix build process, was: [VOTE] [HOTFIX] release hot fix Eclipse plugin for UIMA CDE tool
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 16:01:13 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Michael Baessler wrote:
>> Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> One other issue I just remembered - this artifact is not "signed".  I
>>> don't have the time right
>>> now due to other pressing things, so this looks like it will slip
>>> into next week.
>> I absolutely agree with Thilo, we should fix and tag this in the 2.1.0
>> branch. I think we should do things as good as we can to make it
>> understandable
>> for all users. And providing hot fixes for a release that is based on
>> trunk seems to me a little bit confusing.
>>
>> If there is there anything I can help with, please let me know.
>
> Ok.  Please check this process.
>
> 1) extract into a new workspace: uimaj / branches / uimaj-2.1.0
>
> 3) put in the hot fix changes and build the uimaj-ep-configurator
> project (only) and test in the workspace.
>    Check in to the SVN under the uimaj-2.1.0 branch
>
> 3) "tag" the 2.1.0 branch with the hotfix as uimaj-2.1.0-hotfix-1-RC1
>
> 4) sign the zip file (which is the release artifact)
>
> 5) add my key to the SVN uima-distr/src/main/readme/KEYS (and publish to
> a public key server).  It won't be "countersigned" by anybody - is that
> OK for now?
>
> 6) Post the signed zip and signatures to ~schor for the vote.
>
> 7) Ask for the vote on uima-dev
>
> Please let me know if this seems OK or if I need to something else.
>
> Thanks, everyone. -Marshall

Looks good to me.  We'll also need some sort of README with instructions
on how to apply the hotfix, but you've probably thought of that.  I can
do the signing etc. if you like.

Testing should be done the same way users will use the hotfix: install
the binary 2.1.0 distribution, verify that the error occurs.  Install
the hotfix and verify that it fixes the issue ;-).  It would be good if
we could all do that before we vote, so we test various configurations.

--Thilo