uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Urgent: Board report due TODAY
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:47:50 GMT
Here's my suggested board report.  Please review this ASAP.

UIMA is a component framework for the analysis of unstructured content
such as text, audio and video.

Some recent activity:

We completed our first incubating release last month, resolving all
legal issues and obtaining the necessary Incubator PMC approval.

Items to complete before graduation:
   * Attract new committers

   * Traffic on the uima-user list has started to pick up since our
release.  We hope to be able to eventually attract some Apache UIMA
users to become committers.
   * uima-dev list has a good amount of traffic, mostly from the
original committers.
   * We have one contributor, Jörn Kottman who has submitted a few patches.

   * The UIMA Java framework code has been released
   * The UIMA C++ framework code was donated with a software grant and
has been added to SVN.  We're currently doing the final migration and
testing work to enable a release of the C++ framework.
   * We've established a sandbox and accepted a contribution from Jörn Kottman

View raw message