tuweni-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: Looking for some example config for EthereumClientApp
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2020 06:34:25 GMT
We do have low level stuff in there, that’s for sure :)

Feel free to help develop all this! This is an open source project and we need committers
to help get it all out.

> On Dec 3, 2020, at 10:26 PM, Brian McGee <brian@41north.dev> wrote:
>
> Hi Antoine,
>
> I'm already using Besu, but I'm more interested in getting to grips with the lower level
side of things.

> It's not a problem that the Ethereum client isn't all that ready. A rough config to get
it running would be great.

> I'll keep an eye on the GitHub issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>
> On Fri 4 Dec 2020, 01:35 Antoine Toulme, <antoine@toulme.name <mailto:antoine@toulme.name>>
wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> The Ethereum client is not ready at all as you point out.
>
> I can probably muster together a config to showcase how to connect, but bear in mind
the client has no block validation :)
> Filing https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/issues/180 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/issues/180>
to follow up.

> You’re probably better off using a well supported client like Hyperledger Besu.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>
>> On Dec 3, 2020, at 3:36 AM, Brian McGee <brian@41north.dev <mailto:brian@41north.dev>>
wrote:

>> Hey,
>>
>> I'm new to the project and have been having a look through the repository.
>>
>> My main interest is in the Ethereum client. I'm trying to get it up and running and
connecting to mainnet. From what I can see there is only one discovery mechanism currently
supported which is DNS.

>> I'm struggling to work out the TOML config for using the mainnet genesis file and
to configure the DNS discovery.