tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still Alive?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:50:45 GMT
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Sajjad Daya <sajjad.daya1@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I'm writing to inquire if Tuscany is still alive, and most importantly,
> is it still relevant?
> >
> > From the Tuscany site, I see many references to 2007, and 2008, but not
> so much after that.

Mature projects are less active than new projects which what you see today
in Tuscany.

> > I am about to start a new SOA project for the cloud, and want to know if
> I should use Tuscany for my services, or is there something new that has
> caught the interests of Tuscany patrons?

There are several companies utilizing Tuscany as of today, and they have
seen little issues with the current functionality. If you need new stuff
(e.g. new bindings, etc), then you might be prepared to help, and we will
be here to guide.

> > As you can imagine, I'm quite concerned about having a large part of our
> application depend on a technology, that appears to have been abandoned. So
> any guidance or assistance you can provide would be very helpful.

Agree with you, see comments above.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende