tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Still Alive?
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 23:46:02 GMT
Glad to hear that.

FYI, my former employer has Tuscany in production for a few days now.

Thanks,
Raymond

On Jul 31, 2013, at 4:40 PM, Kallen McInerney <kallenm@marketamerica.com> wrote:

> We’ve been using Tuscany 2.0 in production for almost 18 months now.  It was fairly
painless to integrate and performed well so we never really had to engage the community.

Tuscany is very mature and tested. You wont be ruining your application.

> On 29 July 2013 23:20, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Sajjad Daya <sajjad.daya1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > I'm writing to inquire if Tuscany is still alive, and most importantly, is it still
relevant?

> > From the Tuscany site, I see many references to 2007, and 2008, but not so much
after that.

> Mature projects are less active than new projects which what you see today in Tuscany.

> > I am about to start a new SOA project for the cloud, and want to know if I should
use Tuscany for my services, or is there something new that has caught the interests of Tuscany
patrons?

> There are several companies utilizing Tuscany as of today, and they have seen little
issues with the current functionality. If you need new stuff (e.g. new bindings, etc), then
you might be prepared to help, and we will be here to guide.

> > As you can imagine, I'm quite concerned about having a large part of our application
depend on a technology, that appears to have been abandoned. So any guidance or assistance
you can provide would be very helpful.