tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Peter Bonnett <P...@Pete-B.co.uk>
Subject Update binding URIs at runtime
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 08:57:01 GMT
Hi - I'd like to know if there's any way to have the binding URIs for
SCA references to be set (or just updated) at runtime rather than at
build time?

I'm using Tuscany 2.0 to expose some Spring beans as Web Services and
RESTful services, and using these exposed services as References in
other SCA services, both in the same SCA domain (using the SCA native
binding) and in different domains (using the URIs on binding.ws &
binding.rest). These services are then deployed to JBoss EAP 6 (aka
JBoss AS 7) inside a WAR using the Tuscany Servlet Filter - one WAR for
each domain.

Currently all the binding URIs refer to them being accessed at
localhost, this works in development for a small number of services,
however we're likely to create more services in multiple deployments
requiring services to be spread across multiple servers.

I know can update them when I build using the Maven resource filter,
however I'd prefer to be able to pull my release/snapshot from Nexus and
deploy to any server without having to modify the URIs in .composite
files, either by reading a properties file on the erver with the correct
URIs or by some other mechanism. Is this possible?

Many thanks,

Pete