tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Millies, Sebastian" <sebastian.mill...@ids-scheer.com>
Subject AW: About Accessing DataObjects using XPath
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:33:31 GMT
Hello there,

what exactly is not working for you? When posting questions like this, it is always helpful
to include an error
message, perhaps even a stacktrace. (Also, I might add, it would be considered good form to
sign your mail
by name.)

Your example works for me, here's a test case demonstrating it:

        @Test
        public void test()
        {
                HelperContext scope = HelperProvider.getDefaultContext();
                DataFactory df = scope.getDataFactory();
                DataObject deliverGoods = df.create( "http://dataact.act.org", "deliverGoods"
);
                DataObject deliord = df.create( "http://dataact.act.org/xsd", "DeliverOrder"
);
                deliord.setDouble( "cost", 100 );
                deliverGoods.set( "deliord", deliord );

                DataObject sdo = deliverGoods.getDataObject( "deliord" );
                double actual = sdo.getDouble( "cost" );
                assertEquals( 100, actual, 0.0001 );

                double actualXPath = deliverGoods.getDouble( "deliord/cost" );  // <---
                assertEquals( 100, actualXPath, 0.0001 );
        }

If you're getting a NullPointerException, perhaps you have not instantiated the "deliord"
attribute?

Regards,
Sebastian