tuscany-user mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Contribution at runtime?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:02:03 GMT
On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Millies, Sebastian <
Sebastian.Millies@softwareag.com> wrote:

> [...]
Yes there is in 2.x. Sorry i meant to talk more about it but have been
snowed under the last days and didn't get a chance. In 2.x you can do all
the things that have been talked about here, we do them in the appserver my
company embeds Tuscany in. Its much easier in 2.x because its possible to
modify the Contribution classloader after the contribution has been
installed but before composites are started so you can just replace the
classloader with one that does what you need. In an older version we also
use the approach that you've just with pluging in a different classloader
provider. I still actually think the original approach you suggested of
including dependencies within the contribution and modifying search order
so the contribution classes comes first sounds nice and simple and would be
worth supporting too.

   ...ant