tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Jet Knight <dolt131...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calling a simple http webpage in Tuscany
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 06:12:37 GMT
remote url/service must match some standard protocol, that has be
implemented in Tuscany.

e.g. JSONRPC, WebService.

if you are use custom protocol , you must write a wrap class.
Look like your service response is not JSONRPC format, but a custom JSON format.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Osama Abboud
<abboud@kom.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a web service that I want to use in Tuscany without writing a any code.
> The web service has the task of checking whether a certain text is spam or not.
> I use this URL:  http://remoteserver.com/isspam/test-is-this-spam
> I get over http the following response: {"text":"test-is-this-spam","isspam":0,"result":"Text
is not spam."}.
> My current solution is based on a wrapper (written in Java) that acts as a Tuscany component,
and does the work of calling the URL and retrieving the result.
> But this is not what I want.
> Is there a way to link the mentioned service without writing any code? I just want Tuscany
to handle calling the URL and returning the response and provide it to some other component.
Is this possible?
> Thanks for the help.
> Osama Abboud

Jet Knight