tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Millies, Sebastian" <Sebastian.Mill...@softwareag.com>
Subject Re: Get Contribution at runtime?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:06:37 GMT

Of course you're right. The new classloader should look for the external libs,
then delegate to the parent (the ContributionClassLoader). I was still thinking
of changing the order in which classes are searched (contribution and imports first,
parent last), but that's no problem here.

The whole idea has a drawback, however: The external libraries are not visible to the
contributions, but the other way around. So I could not have appropriately typed references
in my contributions, but would have to use reflection, right?

Is there not a way to create contributions so that I can explicitly set the classloader?
Taking the ContributionClassLoaderTest as a point of departure, I see coding like this:

ExtensionPointRegistry extensionPoints = new DefaultExtensionPointRegistry();
ModelFactoryExtensionPoint modelFactories = extensionPoints.getExtensionPoint(ModelFactoryExtensionPoint.class);
contributionFactory = modelFactories.getFactory(ContributionFactory.class);

Contribution contrib = contributionFactory.createContribution();
contrib.setURI( ...)
contrib.setLocation( url.toString() );

ClassLoader classLoader = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
contrib.setClassLoader(new ContributionClassLoader(contrib, classLoader));

I'd need some API that would let me start a composite with contributions constructed like
that?
I. e. some replacement for the node API
SCANode node = SCANodeFactory.newInstance().createSCANode( compositeURI, scaContributions);
node.start();

where I could pass in appropriately constructed Contribution instances instead of SCAContributions.

Is there already such an API? Otherwise I could go and try write my own. My best bet would
be to
do the stuff that NodeImpl() does before it calls configureNode() outside of NodeImpl, and
add a new
constructor to NodeImpl to accept Contribution arrays. Any better advice?

-- Sebastian

IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Michael Rehm, Ivo Totev
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681
http://www.ids-scheer-consulting.com