tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Millies, Sebastian" <Sebastian.Mill...@softwareag.com>
Subject Tuscany Multiprocessor support?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 07:30:07 GMT
Hello there,

I have a question concerning Tuscany on multi-processor machines.
Suppose I have an application consisting of several composites
all running in the same JVM. There are concurrent requests coming
in from the outside to several of the components.

Will Tuscany make use of parallelism when processing these requests
even if all composites are in the same JVM?

Does this depend on the bindings used to call service methods? I would imagine that
binding.wsdl would involve an internal web server with some sort of threading model,
but I use mainly Java RMI for inter-service communication. What about that?

Does it depend on the JVM and OS? (in my case Oracle JVM on Windows or Linux)

-- Sebastian
IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Michael Rehm, Ivo Totev
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681
http://www.ids-scheer-consulting.com