tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany on Glassfish
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:04:02 GMT
Did you use Tuscany as part of the WAR for your web application when you hit the NPE? I assume
you need to make sure the wink jars are available withTuscany jars.

Thanks,
Raymond

On Jun 28, 2012, at 2:07 PM, Kallen McInerney wrote:

> Had some difficulty getting Tuscany 2.0 Beta 3 running on Glassfish 3.1.2 using Wink
for the REST bindings.  I was hitting an issue it seemed others were getting with Apache Wink
throwing the exception below.

> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.wink.common.internal.http.Accept.valueOf(Accept.java:139)
> at org.apache.wink.server.internal.contexts.HttpHeadersImpl.getAcceptHeader(HttpHeadersImpl.java:151)
> at org.apache.wink.server.internal.contexts.HttpHeadersImpl.getAcceptableMediaTypes(HttpHeadersImpl.java:105)
>
> I’m new to Glassfish but just wanted to leave my workaround here since it seems no
one had an answer for it.  You need to place Wink and its dependencies (i.e. slf4j) in your
glassfish “libs” directory (i.e. \glassfish3\glassfish\lib).  If you don’t the constructor
of org.apache.wink.common.internal.runtime.RuntimeDelegateImpl never gets hit and along with
it the header delegates never init.