tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Kallen McInerney <kall...@marketamerica.com>
Subject Tuscany on Glassfish
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:07:43 GMT
Had some difficulty getting Tuscany 2.0 Beta 3 running on Glassfish 3.1.2 using Wink for the
REST bindings.  I was hitting an issue it seemed others were getting with Apache Wink throwing
the exception below.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.wink.common.internal.http.Accept.valueOf(Accept.java:139)
at org.apache.wink.server.internal.contexts.HttpHeadersImpl.getAcceptHeader(HttpHeadersImpl.java:151)
at org.apache.wink.server.internal.contexts.HttpHeadersImpl.getAcceptableMediaTypes(HttpHeadersImpl.java:105)
I'm new to Glassfish but just wanted to leave my workaround here since it seems no one had
an answer for it.  You need to place Wink and its dependencies (i.e. slf4j) in your glassfish
"libs" directory (i.e. \glassfish3\glassfish\lib).  If you don't the constructor of org.apache.wink.common.internal.runtime.RuntimeDelegateImpl
never gets hit and along with it the header delegates never init.

Someone no doubt has a better solution but thought I'd pass it on.

Kallen McInerney
Principal Engineer

Email: kallenm@shop.com<mailto:kallenm@shop.com>

Phone: (831) 531-4811