tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Joni Lee <webcok...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Java & Python in distributed nodes
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:25:15 GMT
Hi Raymond,

We are developing a cloud architecture here and first take a look at the distributed nodes
of Tuscany.

I use maven to run it, and it does not work, even with dependency tuscany-core
what I did is simply extend your existing sample (samples/calculator-distributed) with a python
component, instead of a java component in one node.

Do I miss something important? Because I can build and run the original sample project without
problems.
thank you for your answers.

________________________________
 From: Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com>
To: user@tuscany.apache.org; Joni Lee <webcokies@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: Java & Python in distributed nodes

It seems that you are missing some dependencies such as tuscany-core on the classpath.

Thanks,
Raymond

On Jun 21, 2012, at 2:31 PM, Joni Lee wrote:

Hi all,

>I'm very fascinated with the distributed components of SCA, whereby different components
running on different machines. For the first try, i want to call python component from a Java
component. Both on different nodes and start them on local machine.
>For this I extend the project samples/calculator-distributed by adding a python component
to a node B as follows

>    // Add a Python component in src/main/resources/nodeB/Calculator.composite
>

>    <component name="HelloServiceComponent">
>        <tuscany:implementation.script script="calculator/HelloServiceImpl.py"/>
>        <service name="HelloService">
>        <interface.java interface="calculator.HelloService" />
>        </service>
>    </component>
>

>the script HelloServiceImpl.py is put in the same directory of the composite of node B
(src/main/resources/nodeB)
>the Java interface is put in src/main/java/calculator/HelloService.java
>

>But I cannot start the node
>

>21-Jun-2012 17:16:42 org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.node.builder.impl.NodeCompositeBuilderImpl
>WARNING: Service not found for component service: Component = HelloServiceComponent Service
= HelloService
>21-Jun-2012 17:16:42 org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor
>SEVERE: HTTP Server Error : java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.impl.ComponentImpl
cannot be cast to org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime.RuntimeComponent