tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SDO] How to declare non-containment properties in xsd?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:15:12 GMT
Millies, Sebastian wrote:
> Hello there,
>

> in general, it seems that no one on this list feels comfortable
> discussing SDO-related questions.
>
> This is true not only of the topic of this thread, but also of others.
> My guess is that those familiar
>
> with SDO may have dropped off the list after the OASIS SDO Technical
> Committee has been closed.
>

> Could anyone perhaps point me to another list / resource which would be
> more suitable to discussing
>
> SDO problems? If there still is any – I strongly suspect I may be riding
> a dead horse here.

Hi Sebastian,
To answer your specific question: I think your perception about SDO
expertise on this list is correct, and unfortunately I don't believe
there is another active list or resource that would be able to help
with SDO questions like this.

On the related matter of how the Tuscany can continue to provide SDO
support for users who need it: Tuscany is a volunteer project, which
means that it's dependent on the contributions of individuals who are
willing to share their expertise and time.  The volunteer community
isn't static; some people move on, which leaves a gap.  This could be
perceived as a problem, but actually it's an opportunity.  If the project
is to continue to be active and successful, these gaps need to be filled
by new volunteers.  These new volunteers will inevitably be less expert
than the previous contributors, but this isn't a problem as long as they
have some level of basic knowledge and are motivated and willing to
jump in and provide what help they can, with support and help from
other members of the community.

If it sounds like I might have had someone in mind while writing the
above paragraph, that would be a correct perception :-)

   Simon