tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributions and Runtime Classpath
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:45:44 GMT
Millies, Sebastian wrote:
> [...]
Hi Sebastian,
I did put "golden rule" in quotes.  It's perhaps more of a best-practice
guideline rather than a hard and fast rule, as things will usually
(but not always) work if you don't follow the guideline.

This has been discussed on the Tuscany user list (see [1] and [2]).
Post [2] is on a thread that you started.  This guideline/rule could
have been included explicitly in the book rather than just being part
of the book sample code, but there's a limit to how much detail we
were able to put in the book without going over the agreed page count
and/or and burying the casual reader in over-complexity.  It's not
part of the SCA Assembly Model spec because it's a Tuscany thing,
though this spec does explain that contributions are able to use the
normal Java mechanisms to load and reference code.

> I was naively using my Eclipse project's default classpath, which
> puts all project classes in the way of the Java application
> classloader.
>
> Is there more deployment information of such importance documented
> somewhere that I should be aware of?

I can't give a Yes or No answer to such a wide-ranging question.
Unlike commercial products that deliver code accompanied by hundreds
or thousands of pages of detailed documentation, Tuscany aims to
help users who have questions or problems by providing timely and
high-quality support via these mailing lists.  I'm sorry if this
experience has made you disappointed.

   Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/user@tuscany.apache.org/msg02597.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/user@tuscany.apache.org/msg02897.html

> -- Sebastian
>

> IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
> Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev
> Sitz/Registered office: Altenkesseler Straße 17, 66115 Saarbrücken, Germany - Registergericht/Commercial
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681