tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic service references ?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:12:34 GMT
Millies, Sebastian wrote:
> [...]
Thanks for trying the fix and for this feedback on it.

> 1. When I specify the uri attribute on the binding.ws instead of the wsdlElem,
> that gets replaced by the wsdlElem in the serialized form. Is that intentional?

I tried doing this and I didn't see what you are describing.  The serialized
XML contained the URI and no wsdlElement, and everything worked fine.

> 2. What is the intended behaviour when I specify BOTH the wsdlElem and uri
> attributes? Shouldn't the explicit uri override the uri retrieved from the wsdl?
> However, that is not what seems to happen.

According to the SCA 1.0 spec, if there is an explicit URI specified by the WSDL,
the URI in the WSDL takes precedence.  The solution is to use wsdl.binding when
you are specifying a uri attribute.  It doesn't matter if the referenced WSDL
contains a service/port, as these will be ignored if you refer to the WSDL using
wsdl.binding.  I tried doing this with serialization and it worked.

> In terms of creating a dynamic endpoint, it guess it would be easiest if one could
> just add an overriding uri to the serialized form. The wsdl file is static after all,
> and dynamically replacing only that wsdlElem in the XML wouldn't be enough. I may be
> missing something here.

Yes, that sounds like the right approach, as long as you use wsdl.binding in
combination with the uri attribute.

   Simon

> -- Sebastian
>

> IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
> Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev
> Sitz/Registered office: Altenkesseler Straße 17, 66115 Saarbrücken, Germany - Registergericht/Commercial
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681