tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Default WS port - Tuscany 2 runtime
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:28:08 GMT
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Antonio De Berardis
<antonio.de-berardis@aps-prevoyance.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about web service binding, for example:
>
> <component name="HelloworldComponent">
>     <implementation.java class="sample.HelloworldImpl"/>
>     <service name="Helloworld">
>         <binding.ws/>
>     </service>
> </component>
>
> When I deploy this component in a webapp on Tomcat, It publishes a service
> at http://localhost:8085/HelloworldComponent/Helloworld. The
> “localhost:8085” seems to be a default value.
>
> I actually have lots of Tuscany based webapps with many components in them,
> therefore all publishing their webservices at http://localhost:8085/...
>
> One way to change that is to set the uri attribute in binding.ws. , which
> means that if I want to relocate my webservices in the future I will have to
> change the URI in each and every one of my webapps.
>
> Is there a way to set a default "Host:Port"? I'm using the tuscany.war
> deployed on Tomcat, is there may be a way to do this in the Tomcat’s conf or
> in Tuscany.war?
> Or if not, what do you think is better to do? Let binding.ws with no URI or
> define it in each WS? Am I missing something? Are you planning to change
> this behavior?
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Antonio

Hi Antonio

I assume that you're embedding Tuscany in the WAR and configuring the
TuscanyServletFilter.

I think in a webapp Tuscany just adopts the host:port configuration of
the host Tomcat installation.

If you're running outside of Tomcat from a Tuscany launcher you can
configure the default port that gets used when fluffing up Tomcat or
Jetty etc instances by providing default binding configuration to the
node. But I don't think that's what you're doing.

Regards

Simon