tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany and OSgi with ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:54:12 GMT
On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Matt Madhavan <mattmadhavan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
> When you get a moment could you please send me a sample of activeMQ/SCA. I
> would like to send a message in one queue and receive the reply in a
> different queue.
> I know you are really busy but any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Matt
>
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Matt Madhavan <mattmadhavan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> HI Simon,
>> Thanks for the reply. I'm off today but I will to through the artifacts
>> you sent. Looks like my time will open up soon in couple of weeks. I'll use
>> this time to learn the SCA more and may be help you write a Tuscany Extender
>> Bundle.
>> Meanwhile I would  recommend you to use Apache Karaf (you can go from
>> Equinox to Felix seamlessly! ) for your OSGi testing. The diagnostics are
>> just awesome. I can give you a hand with it if you have any issues.
>> I have been using less than 3 months and love it. I used to use both
>> Equinox and Felix stand alone. But Karaf is awesome.
>> I have already been invited to be a commiter of Karaf by the Karaf team!
>> Never done any thing like this  -  just a little nervous! But gonna do it.
>> Thanks
>> Matt
>>

>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Matt
>>>
>>> Comments in-line
>>>
>>> Simon

>>> Hmmm, strange. Works for me. Maybe it's a firewall thing.

>>> I put the latest on here
>>> (http://people.apache.org/~slaws/apache-tuscany-sca-all-2.0-SNAPSHOT.zip)
>>> hope that works for you.

>>> Yep, am trying to fix the sample I created to demonstrate this.

>>> The Tuscany runtime is a whole set of bundles and dependencies.
>>> There's an equinox config.ini that makes it easy to load them all into
>>> equinox. For Felix there are some instructions here
>>>
>>> http://tuscany.apache.org/documentation-2x/running-tuscany-sca-2x-with-equinox-and-felix.html

>>> I agree it would be better to have a more automatic way of launching
>>> the composites. I think there is some code to do this but I've not
>>> exercised it in a while so I wanted to do the thing I was more
>>> confident would work in the first instance. Having said that I haven't
>>> quite got it to work yet.

>>> --
>>> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
>>> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com

Hi Matt

I eventually got to fixing the sample. There are two bundle projects [1][2].

The first (jms-osgi) exposes the bundle using and SCA composite with
implementation.osgi as the component implementation type. The service
of this particular component is exposed over binding.jms

The second bundle (jms-osgi-client) is a non-SCA bundle that just
pushes a message into a JMS queue at activation.

This sample is the simplest I could have made it but not necessarily
the best approach. For example. it depends on Tuscany default
binding.jms behaviour which is unlikely to be what you want and the
client just does native JMS stuff which again I would really replace
with an SCA reference. But difficult to know precisely what you need.
So take a look.

Re. other binding.jms example and configurations. Take a look at out
JMS related tests [3].

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/slaws/jms-osgi/jms-osgi/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/slaws/jms-osgi/jms-osgi-client/
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/testing/itest/jms/