tuscany-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Scott Kurz <sku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wrong result type in web service operation
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:53:40 GMT

I read over your email again... (sorry for spelling your name wrong before):

Like I was saying, in 2.x, we made some progress on top of 1.x handling in
vs. out vs. inout parameters as defined by the JAXWS spec, so this might
just work for you in 2.x.

We did not to my knowledge backport all of this function into 1.x, though
if someone were interested in doing so, I could certainly comment and try
to outline what I thought needed to be done.    (I don't remember enough
detail to elaborate on the FIXME comment saying we support only one Holder
to describe the exact nature of our 1.x support any better.)


If you want to try "doing the wrapping yourself"... you can try generating
the Java from WSDL with wrappers disabled (i.e. the runtime won't be
wrapping/unwrapping so you will be dealing directly with the payload).

If you add this customization to your WSDL, wsimport will generate the
appropriate Java.

<wsdl:definitions ... xmlns:jaxws="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxws"...>



Though this might be confusing to add here, I will note that this disabling
wrappering has an issue in 2.x (but works in 1.x).

We have a JIRA, TUSCANY-3943, describing how extra (compared to 1.x)
validation in 2.x causes an issue with this customization.   (Though in 2.x
maybe you'd want to use the more typical approach of generating the

Hope that helps,

View raw message